Progress In Learning
Provider of educational resources and learning support to children and their families
Dear Parents and Visitors
Please find our policies here concerning your privacy. Our intention here is to explain in detail what we collect from you, how we will use it and what we do with it when we are complete. Progress In Learning is the primary controller of the data for individual and small group tutoring.
Information we collect:
We may collect e-mail addresses, phone numbers, physical addresses, background information or assessment reports when you enrol for individual or small group tutoring or register for an online course.
Use of the information:
This information is used
- To improve communications between myself and the client. This includes emailing progress reports, emailing invoices and receipts, providing quotes, discussing matters relating to the child, newsletters, sending photos of work done by the student, texting educational matters to parents, notifying them of absences, commenting on positive outcomes, knowing where to locate the parent if the child is not collected from the session timeously, posting items etc
- To improve the quality of service we provide and to personalise your experience.
- To formulate individual educational plans which are tailored to suit the needs of your child or yourself.
- To process the various transactions. Your information, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To occasionally send you information and updates, news, related product or service information, etc.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, just let me know by e-mail.
Information provided to other companies linked to Progress In Learning:
The public can order art products and books directly from my website which links with Fine Art America, Xlibris.com and their affiliate companies such as Amazon. These companies then, provide the items and posts them directly to the clients on behalf of Progress In Learning. Items may also be purchased from Trade Me. Progress In Learning does not accept any responsibility for information provided to those companies as they are reputable companies which have their own separate and independent privacy policies firmly in place.
Protection and storage of your information:
Student files are securely locked in a filing cabinet within a locked room. Contact details on my computer system are not shared with any other parties. Any payments made are either through Paypal or internet banking, which has its own security system in place. I do not personally deal with personal financial information such as credit card numbers.
Disclosure of any information to outside parties:
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties such as my website designer and accounting company who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you and they agree to keep this information confidential.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance:
We follow the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act)
Information on children under 13 years of age is provided by the parents upon enrolment. When students log in to any online website during the lesson, such as the Touch-type Read and Spell course, this is done under our direct supervision at school in the computer lab or during the session. This ensures that access is monitored and safely done. We ensure that students log out of the course at the end of a session.
Any photograph taken of a child is obtained with parental permission to inform and educate others about the nature of the services provided and to provide visual reporting of work completed or achievements in learning. Photographic material and videos of students at work, may be used for promotional and educational purposes, with parental consent. Children are not named in the material unless by parental approval or request.
Website Terms & Conditions of Use:
If there are any questions regarding these Terms and Conditions of Use, then you may contact us using the information below.
Data Protection Officer:
Right to Erasure / Deletion:
Records may be deleted upon request.
Thank you for your support